Plant McDonough CCR Rule Compliance Information
Plant McDonough-Atkinson is named for the late John J.”Jack” McDonough, who served as Georgia Power’s president from 1957 to 1963 and for Henry M. Atkinson, one of the founders of Georgia Railway and Electric Company. Georgia Power retired its coal-fired units at Plant McDonough-Atkinson in 2011 and added three natural gas combined cycle units, which began commercially operating in 2012. The three natural gas units are capable of producing 2,520 megawatts of electricity and can supply enough energy to power approximately 1.7 million homes.
CCR Rule Compliance
Additional information will be provided as it becomes available or as it is required.