Economic Development: Investing in Georgia
For the past 90 years, Georgia Power has been helping communities grow and prosper. We guide companies on their search for the best location for their business, and support local leaders as they attract new jobs and investment. Our goal is for all companies and people around us to succeed – because we all call Georgia home.
To create a stronger, more vibrant economic future for all Georgians by:
- Assisting new companies in the site selection process
- Helping with existing industry expansions and retention of local companies
- Supporting leadership development in local communities
- Facilitating strategic planning for communities to help them prepare for growth
- Supporting local, regional and state community and economic development partners in bringing new jobs and capital investment to Georgia
Supplier Diversity Form
We strive to promote economic growth by seeking suppliers in the communities we serve. Find out if your company can become a provider of services or goods for Georgia Power.
We focus on education to ensure a trained, motivated workforce and create programs to cultivate candidates for jobs like lineworkers. See how we're educating students and teachers.
Did You Know?
We own 15 lakes for hydroelectricity generation which offer thousands of acres of shoreline with public access to swimming, biking trails, camping, hunting and more.